Friday, June 28, 2013

the diet cleanse





Green Detox Juice

Ok ... so I tried it. It wasn't horrible but I lasted three days. I have a house full of people which makes it difficult to stay focused. But I also have a frig full of veggies so I'm determined not to let them go to waste. Here's the cleansing recipe: Let me know how you like it or tell me what works for you.

2 large cucumbers, peeled
4-5 stalks kale
4-5 romaine lettuce leaves
4 stalks celery
1-2 broccoli stems
1 1-inch piece of ginger root, peeled
(for sweetness add pear, green apple, carrots, beets or red peppers, which contain natural sugars)

Drink this in the  mornings for a week first. Toss out the caffeine, and alcohol (the coffee is a problem for me) dairy, gluten, animal products, processed sugars and refined carbs.  If I can make it through a week, then I will try another one, then the final week (3 weeks total). This 21 day detox is a full -on call to action.  It's not so much the detox drink, its the caffeine, and animal products. I have a hard time not eating protein and cheese. But in the end I should feel great and full of energy. I'll let you  know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Zen seeker, graphic designer, massage therapist, humanitarian and lover of all things beautiful